Friday, January 12, 2007

Nostalgia

Nostalgia - Feels like a hard hitting word.....so much at odds with the feelings that it tends to convey. Leaving my college and all my friends, the canteen, our block, every wall and every brick that partook our joys, our laughter, our shrieks of happiness tears at the strings of my heart.

I vividly remember sitting at my usual last bench in B-Audi on my first day in Nirma. Sitting with complete strangers who over the course of time became a part and parcel of my life. Friends and fellow mates who I came to love, trust and respect. And now the time has come to bid goodbye.

From a joyous past to the enticing morrow;
Caught in the midst, fraught with sorrow.

Through all of my ups and downs, whenever I have stepped onto the cement tarmac of Nirma University, whenever I read that plaque adorning the gate, whenever I looked at the steps leading to my beloved B-Block I had a zing in my step. More than anything, the pride of being a Nirmaan never failed to rouse my spirits. I have spent some of the most fulfilling days of my life and picked up some of the most loving friends in those hallowed halls of joy.

Traditionally incompetent at goodbyes, I hope I manage to break the precedent.

No comments: