Thursday, January 11, 2007

Baroda Blues

After an indolent month in Gnagar I embarked on a frenzied tour of Ahmedabad's IT companies seeking a final semester project. Most of the times I managed to extract a smile from the beautiful secretary adorning our prospective offices alongwith a disappointed (hopefully) "sorry" from them. Of course captivated by the views on offer we weren't dissappointed easily and so we enthusiastically managed to knock many more doors till I had to leave for a last minute arranged New Year Bash with my childhood prank partners. After watching a bit too many drinking, puking bouts I returned home a newly converted beer fan only to find most of the company doors closed and so decided to take up the easiest offer at hand - the one at Libra Process Technology, Baroda.

I had Yudi's place to stay at here but i decided to shack up with my fellow homeless refugees at a one bathroom first floor room where i realised the true importance of the notion of self control. It take monumental degrees of self control for 5 people to accomodate in a room of 10 by 10 ft size and even more so to piss and shit serially. The best part though is to have someone screaming at the door as you shit at ease. Also working at a place where you are responsible for just about nothing and which levies zero expectations on you is ........ matter of factly nothing new for me. Also as I always say - Throw me into hell and I will tickle the asuras. No place is too bad for the big baddie.

Apart from the food and lodgings the company provides a net connection too and so now I can restart my regular blogs. Its good to write regularly as it helps me to arrange my thought processes better and once you find the rhythm its a lot more fun as it helps you concentrate like programming does. In short its addictive and its good for the heart - a rare combo.

No comments: