Thursday, May 08, 2008

Zooooo


This weekend the Gujju Gang visited the "Zoo". Most of us hailing from Ahmedabad and roundabouts have a typical notion of a Zoo. The Kankaria Zoo in Ahmedabad being the benchmark. Hence a seriously depleted gang boarded the 7Z bus to the zoo from Paradise bus stand. A visit to the amazing Jawaharlal Nehru nature park - as i should rightly call it changed all that. A superbly well maintained zoo with beautiful animals and surrouds it was a photographs and I went berserk with my S3 IS as I clicked just about everything in sight. Gotta admit though that I did feel the need for a DSLR with its speed and efficiency as I missed out on a few beautiful shots because of the slow speed of my S3 IS. The white tiger was gorgeous and posing for us too, the colourful birds and the flowers in the Butterfly garden were very beautiful too. The boat ride in the masonry dam created at a cost of 1 Lakh rupees was bliss. We missed the train ride but snapped a lot of silhouttes in the train tunnel. The safari ride was where we came face to face with some healthy, well fed tigers who were so used to tourist vehicles that they scarcely gave us a second glance as we ogled them endlessly and by threatening to open the vehicle's door troubled a bunch of foreign tourists who were into the ride with us. All in all it was a hugely fulfilling day for Janit - the photographer, though Janit the lazybum suffered a lot as the zoo was huge.
Am itching to go there again with my cam in tow and click more pics. I was lucky to get the snap I have uploaded here as there was the sun coming on these two pretty birds from the skylight and it illuminated them and their perch. Time was a huge constraint though as inspite of all my efforts I barely managed to click a mere 150 snaps.
So for all you shutterbugs out there, the Jawaharlal Nehru Nature Park is a heaven in waiting.


No comments: